The Accounting Specialist will be responsible for assisting and providing support in daily operations of the company’s financial records primarily as it relates to Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions and various other projects and tasks as needed.
- Process Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Accounts Receivables including daily deposits, generating invoices, and preparing monthly statements.
- Maintains accounts by identifying, verifying, and recording transactions.
- Audit invoices, code to proper account, obtain appropriate approvals, request W-9s from vendors and input audited invoices into the accounting system
- Review vendor files to ensure a W-9 is on file and answer calls from vendors regarding 1099’s and statements
- Maintaining, verifying, coding of employee expense reports and balancing the corporate credit cards on a monthly basis.
- Maintain files for invoice tracking and matching.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices
- Applying daily cash receipts to customer accounts
- Identifying and resolving payment discrepancies
- Contacting customers via phone, email, and formal letters to follow-up on the status of unpaid invoices
- Process monthly billing to customers.
- Other projects as they are assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Objectivity & Thoroughness with Attention to Detail
- Time Management Skills
- Ability to understand and comply with company policies and procedures
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on team and culture building
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Excellent Filing/Organizational Skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Enjoys working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism
Our company has developed a comprehensive set of employee benefit programs to supplement our employees’ regular wages.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance Plans, and 401K Retirement Plans are offered to full time employees.
- Full & part-time regular employees are eligible for 40 hours unpaid time off after a 30-day probationary period.
- Full Time Employee’s receive 2 weeks of Paid Time Off/Vacation after 6 months of employment.
- Full Time Employee’s receive 6 days of Company Paid Holidays after 6 months of employment.
- All Full Time Employee receive $15,000 Life Insurance coverage after 90 days of employment.
The qualifications, primary responsibilities and skill requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will”.
It is FBF Originals policy that equal employment opportunities be available to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, smoking, military service status or any other protected status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, voting, jury service or court attendance.
Apply below for the Accounting Specialist position.